Home care services we provide
We provide four levels of care from basic and medium/mid level care to care assistance for higher intensity care needs and even more complex and higher intensity /multiple levels of care assistance. These are provided under the Home Care Packages (HCP) Program. Home Care Packages are home care & home help services that are funded (either in part or in full) by the Australian Government. They are structured in order to help all Senior Citizens continue to stay at home longer in a happy, healthy, safe and cared for environment. It is an alternative Health Care Management to avoid Seniors who do not wish to go into Residential Care before exhausting other sources of assistance, in order to stay on in their own home.
They are categorised into :
- Level 1 Home Care Package supports people with basic care needs
- Level 2 Home Care Package supports people with low-level care needs
- Level 3 Home Care Package supports people with intermediate care needs
- Level 4 Home Care Package supports people with high level care needs
Each level of Home Care Package provides a different subsidy amount from the Government. This amount is paid to an approved home care provider that you have selected. The subsidy contributes to the total cost of your service and care delivery. It is also expected that you will contribute to the cost of your care where your personal circumstances allow.
You can find out more on the subsidy rates at the Department of Health’s website – www.agedcare.health.gov.au
Consumer Directed Care (CDC)
Consumer Directed Care (CDC) is a new model of home care service delivery that is designed to give more choice and flexibility to consumers. If you or your loved one receive a Home Care Package, you will now have more control and flexibility over the types of services and care you access – as well as deciding who delivers the services and when.
All Home Care Packages are now offered under the Consumer Directed Care (CDC) Model which means you have more control over how your Home Care Package funds are spent
With Consumer Directed Care, you or your loved one will now:
- Have more say in the care and services you access
- Be able to choose how your home care services are delivered
- Be able to choose your preferred home care provider
- Develop an individually tailored care plan with your chosen home care provider
- Have a greater choice and understanding about how your Home Care Package funds are spent
- If your care needs change, you will have the flexibility to change the services you receive through your Home Care Package (you may need to be reassessed by an ACAT/ACAS if your care needs change drastically)