Level 2 Home Care Package is aimed at supporting people who have low level care needs. If you or a loved one has low level care needs, you may be eligible to receive assistance with:
- Personal care ( help with routine, personal tasks like getting in and out of bed, dressing and undressing, going to the toilet, bathing, showering and grooming)
- Domestic assistance (to keep your home clean, neat and tidy, such as cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, dishwashing, laundry and organising)
- Loan of basic care equipment(we can get equipment designed to keep you mobile and safe, such as walkers, wheelchairs, mobility scooters, shower chairs, and continence aids)
- Meal assistance and preparation (nutrition, hydration, preparing and cooking delicious and nutritious meals and help with eating if required. We can also accommodate special dietary preferences and requirements)
- Transport(easily and safely get out and about with your helper /care worker driving and accompanying you)
- Social support and activities (we can provide company and emotional support, as well as drive you to outings, events and social activities, or to visit family and friends)
- Basic home & garden maintenance ( we can arrange for your home to be modified and maintained, whether its installing hand rails, shower rails, ramps, repairs, doing the gardening or changing a light bulb, repairing a dripping tap)
- Some nursing care ( we can support you while you recover from surgery or injury, provide wound care, medication management and dementia care)
Recipients of a Level 2 Home Care Package may also be eligible to enter residential aged care, but would prefer to remain living at home.
To access a Level 2 Home Care Package, you or your loved one will need to undergo an assessment by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). This assessment will determine whether you are eligible to receive a Home Care Package and if a Level 2 package would be suitable for your in-home care needs.
Home Care Packages are home care & home help services that are funded (either in part or in full) by the Australian Government.