Level 3 Home Care Package is designed to support people who have intermediate level care needs. If you or a loved one has intermediate level care needs, you may be eligible to receive assistance with:
- Personal care ( help with routine, personal tasks like getting in and out of bed, dressing and undressing, going to the toilet, bathing, showering and grooming)
- Domestic assistance (to keep your home clean, neat and tidy, such as cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, dishwashing, laundry and organising)
- Household assistance (we can assist with activities of daily living, which you would normally undertake for yourself, but are unable to due to illness, disability or frailty. We can arrange for your home to be modified and maintained, whether its installing hand rails, shower rails, ramps, repairs, doing the gardening or changing a light bulb, repairing a dripping tap)
- Assistance with aids and appliances ( we can get and help you with equipment designed to keep you mobile and safe, such as walkers, wheelchairs, mobility scooters, shower chairs, and continence aids)
- Social support and activities (we can provide company and emotional support, as well as drive you to outings, events and social activities, or to visit family and friends)
- Meal assistance and preparation( nutrition, hydration, preparing and cooking delicious and nutritious meals and help with eating if required. We can also accommodate special dietary preferences and requirements)
- Medication and continence management( assistance with using continence aids and appliances such as disposable pads, nappies and absorbent aids, commode chairs, bedpans and urinals. Provide assistance with pain management and managing medications. Ensure/check that patient has enough ongoing medication supplies and is always up to date with doctor’s instructions.)
- Nursing support( provide support while recovering from surgery or an injury, provide wound care, manage ongoing illness, manage medications, provide pain management. Manage skin integrity with medically prescribed skin creams and skin moisturerisers)
- Allied health support ( provide access to specialised allied health and therapy services such as physiotherapy, podiatry, speech therapy or dietician)
- Transport (easily and safely get out and about with your helper /care worker driving and accompanying you)
- Support with changes to memory and/or behaviour
Recipients of a Level 3 Home Care Package would more than likely be eligible to enter residential aged care, but would prefer to remain living in the comfort of their own home.
Level 3 Home Care Packages would also be suitable for people recovering from surgery who need nursing care within their own home.
To access a Level 3 Home Care Package, you or your loved one will need to undergo an assessment by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) – This assessment will determine whether you are eligible to receive a Home Care Package and if a Level 3 package would be suitable for your in-home care needs.
Home Care Packages are home care & home help services that are funded (either in part or in full) by the Australian Government.